The Buhr Family

The Buhr Family

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Life Lately

So summer has been going good! Busy so far but good. I can't believe the year is already more than half way through! Crazy! Life being graduated is good. I am still working at Olive Garden but I also got another part time job as a water aerobics instructor at the Aquatic center in Logan. Yay! It's fun.The bottom of the pool ripped up my toes the first two times I taught so far, so I am walking retarded right now, but once my feet heal up and stop bleeding I think it will be just grand. I also recently just got a new calling in our ward and I am now the Relief Society President. I wasn't expecting that. But it has been a good learning experience for me and all of the girls in my ward are wonderful and I love them to death already. Pat also got a new calling as the Stake Athletic Director so he does softball every Tuesday night. I think it is a great calling for him.

So far this summer some fun things that we have done: Paige came and visited me and we went to Hyrum Dam.Yahoo for warm sunny days and swimming in pretty blue water!! (Even if it was freezing cold.)

Then we went to seven peaks with some good friends and Paige and Jason and Nathan and Katie. But this is the only picture we got and it was blurry. I even went on the scary slide. And Paige was hilarious and screamed on everything ha ha
 
Then I went and visited Paige in Rexburg and we went to lunch AND went to the zoo AND went swimming AND went and saw Divergent! It was so much fun. I love sister weekends!




Are these penguins adorable or what? They wouldn't swim though, we wanted to see them swim around.

I liked the tiger, it was a really big tiger actually, you can't really tell from the picture, but it was one big kitty.


 And she took me to her pottery class! I didn't know she got me in the picture btw I thought she was only taking a picture of the clay stuff which is why I'm not smiling ha ha

"Sometimes I take my sister to potter class and we both don't know what we're doing" -Paige 

And Pat and I went up to Bearlake and there is this adorable new restaurant there we had lunch at and then of course I had to get a delicious Raspberry shake!

Pat and I also went on a motorcycle ride this week with one of his buddies from work. We drove down to Ogden and had breakfast at Village Inn. Then we drove up Ogden canyon and while we were driving we suddenly saw that the road was blocked in front of us. By cows. A ton of them. Apparently someone was herding cattle and so we just sat in the middle of the road on the bike while they came towards us, it was kind of intimidating,  and then they just went around us on all sides of us. There were a lot of little baby calves they were pretty cute. Then we drove up to Bearlake and came back down through Logan canyon. It was a fun ride, but still surprisingly a little chilly at parts and kind of long, but fun.



I love summer and am enjoying it very much and looking forward to making lots of more fun summer memories! :) 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Stephen and I really miss going on rides with his bike. Congrats on your new calling too. That's awesome! You'll do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! Yeah it's a bummer that we never went on a ride together that would have been fun :)

      Delete