The Buhr Family

The Buhr Family

Sunday, July 7, 2019

9 year Anniversary and Girls trip! Vegas May 2019

May 2019

9 year Anniversary trip 🙂
We got to get away for a couple days which was much needed because we honestly haven't dated very much ever since we have moved. It is hard.
We got to go to the Kolob Canyon part of Zion. In spite of snow, we headed out and ate at Duck Creek on the way and walked along the river trail in Cedar City. We also checked out the Frontier Homestead state park museum which was pretty neat.
Day 2 we went to Kolob canyon and did the Taylor Creek hike which is just over 5 miles and the Ranger informed us you cross the creek about 56 times one way. We were a bit hesitant cuz it was cold! And it was windy. But the water level wasn't as high as we thought it would be and it turned out to be a gorgeous hike! One of my favorites we have done. It also passed by 2 old pioneer cabins, criss crosses the creek and followed the bottom of a canyon. It was gorgeous and we had decent weather the whole hike. I was grateful someone had left a walking stick at the trail which I used cuz I'm not the most graceful when it comes to crossing water, and Pat was so sweet, which I already know, and he threw several big rocks in the water so I could cross easier and one time another couple was passing by, and the guy commented "Now that's love." 😂 Which it is 😍❤️🙂 unfortunately I did get my shoe wet on the 110th crossing, at the very end of the hike though 😂😂
We also did a one mile hike that took us up to the rim and had great views of the canyon. It was super windy at the top!
Oh and we had forgotten a backpack for hiking so before our hike we stopped by the dollar store and found one that Brylianna could use later for $3! So I carried a bright pink princess backpack the whole hike and felt 20 years younger 😂
We are now also proud owners of a National Park Annual pass and hope to get lots of use out of it 🙂😂



























We got to go to Vegas for a girls trip. I went with Paige and we met use and Danielle in Vegas at my favorite hotel, Mandalay Bay.















We went to see the Titanic exhibit and it was really neat. You get a boarding pass when you enter with someone's name on it who was actually on the Titanic. It tells a little bit about them and at the end you check a big wall with all their names to see if they survived. It was very humbling and sad to read some of the experiences and quotes and stories. But it is amazing to see all the artifacts that have been recovered and what amazing condition they are in. I think it is best for everyone to see once.








Brylianna would love this little shop 


Just grilling my sandwich in my hotel room 😂


I love waterfalls 



Surprisingly not sick of sand yet 😂


They had fundito it is so yummy! 






We got to see O !I've seen it before but it is amazing and sooooo cool! Cirque de Solei are my absolute favorite shows in Vegas 







My mood all evening 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment