The Buhr Family

The Buhr Family

Friday, March 6, 2015

Week 14- Second Trimester!

Week 14

Time to start a questionnaire for my weekly updates!
 At week 14 I think it totally looks like an official baby bump now and not just a food baby ha ha
 Weight gain so far: Ok it's hard for me to admit this because I have gained a lot more weight than all of the "recommended weight gain" trackers and books and even other people's blogs say you are supposed to at this point, especially for a 1st baby. And yeah there is only one baby in there. But I am one of those pregnant women who have already gained about 10 pounds at the end of the 1st trimester! Never thought I would be, but it is what it is. Everything says you gain 3-5 lbs your 1st trimester. And I have still been exercising about 3 times a week on top of working 2 jobs and walking a lot so I will just be happy that everything is going good so far and deal with the weight gain! I think it is because I haven't been horribly morning sick so I have been able to eat a lot more than a lot of other pregnant women, so I will take that as a good thing for sure!
Maternity clothes: Yes! I love them and have already bought some maternity jeans already! I think jeans are the first thing to not fit anymore. But yes I am not ashamed to say I bought some and I actually wore my maternity jeans for the first time today! Comfort is awesome and being able to breath is just great. And Motherhood Maternity gives you awesome stuff if you shop and register there! Like a ton of gift certificates and a cute little bottle!
Stretch Marks: I don't have any yet but I am pretty positive I will before this pregnancy is over. I think it is almost inevitable given that I have a super short torso and there is nowhere for baby to go but out. I should just accept this now ha ha But I think I will be okay with it. Eventually :) I did buy a big jar of coconut oil and plan to use it though so hopefully that will help when the time comes.
Sleep:  So I always sleep on my stomach and it has been getting super uncomfortable lately. I am trying to transition to my side, but I just don't sleep as well. I end up sleeping half on my stomach and half on my side and my neck hurts when I wake up. But I am just glad I can get some sleep and I have stopped having to pee twice a night which is nice.
Food Cravings: Milk, cottage cheese, ice cream, protein, and bacon ha ha
Anything make you queasy or sick? Strong smells, day old dishes, shrimp, and the hospital cafeteria when they start making lunch.
Gender: A lot of our family members feel very strongly one way or the other. I haven't had a distinct feeling either way. A lot of my symptoms make me think boy, but some days I feel like it is a girl. We will have to wait and see!
Looking forward to:  My next Dr. appointment to see how everything is going and we have a fun trip planned in April :) 

Also Pat and I had a fun date today. I was craving a burger so we walked to dinner at this cute new burger place right by campus and ate on their balcony. Then we came home and finally watched Mockingjay Part 1. 
Baby was so happy to have a burger and sweet potato fries yum!
Pat said it was too bright 
13 weeks
I am definitely starting to notice a difference
 11 weeks
This was when we had our stake activity and we had dinner by Elements and there was a dance. I figured since I was all dressed up I might as well count it as my week 11 picture and it just so happened it was the exact day I hit week 11!

This dress was super comfortable I kind of want to wear it all the time but that would probably be weird unfortunately
Yes I do still wear my Z-motion dance outfits ha ha thank you highschool ballroom dance team!
This is what happens when they have photo props and your husband is still like a foot taller than you, even when you are wearing heels ha ha Love it!



But he was nice and came down to my level. How sweet
After the dance Pat and I went to Tooele and stayed the weekend because that Saturday was Valentines and we told our parents on Valentines day. It was fun. We had fun with Pat's family bowling for his dad and Kim's combined bday party and we gave Pat's dad a fun grandpa t-shirt.

We told my parents by making this awesome homemade card with grandma and grandpa t-shirts and they read it right before breakfast on Valentines day :) They are so happy to be grandparents :)



Sorry mom and dad I have to document these cute photos of you guys reading the card :)

And cute Paige was excited to be an Aunt and already bought baby a teddy bear. It is super soft and cuddly too. Thanks Aunt Paige :) 

Since Pat was watching a movie on the floor I let him have a turn with teddy too ha ha 
Pat was practicing his tucking into bed skills lol I just walked into our bedroom one day and saw this


2 comments:

  1. Yay for already being in the second trimester! You look amazing. I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! :) You are an adorable little pregnant lady yourself and I am excited for me and for you too!

    ReplyDelete