The Buhr Family

The Buhr Family

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Alaskan Inn

What do you do when you really want/need a getaway?! And you can't go anywhere warm because of the darn zika virus and those trips are generally expensive?
You celebrate your anniversary 4 months early and do a getaway anyways :)

Pat and I decided to take a one night little getaway in celebration of our Anniversary this year since I will be 9 months pregnant in May and Pat will be graduating and we could possibly be packing up everything and moving depending on where Pat applies and gets a job to in the spring.
We always take turns planning our Anniversary every year and this year was my turn ( I think this is such a fun tradition to take turns planning!)
Also when you are parents it is a LOT harder to be spontaneous lol! You can't just go anywhere whenever you want to. So we decided to go to a cute little Inn in Ogden called the Alaskan Inn. It it in Ogden canyon and it is a super cute little bed and breakfast! Some of our good friends watched Brylianna.
They have these cute themed rooms and if you get the more expensive ones you have your own little cabin. They are all themed in Alaska and outdoor themes like the Northern lights, Fishing, or wildlife. We stayed in the Bears den. It was adorable and they had all these cute bears in our room!
Also they have the most amazing breakfast, it was the only place I have been to that serves eggless pancakes! They were super fluffy and good too! This is a big deal for a prego lady who is allergic to eggs. It was delicious. They also had some super yummy hot chocolate.
Normally I am all for warm weather and palm tree vacations, but I actually really LOVED the cozy cabin in the winter and snow coming down the whole time we were there.

I am so grateful for Pat and all that he does for me and our little family. He is really the sweetest guy in the whole wide world and I don't tell him that enough and I am so grateful for his patience with my pregnant, crazy mom, moody self. I am so glad that he is such a good sport and up for doing things like this with me and building memories and going on little adventures.
It snowed all night it was very appropriate weather for being at the Alaskan Inn








I love this man right here 


Cheers! With gatorade cuz we don't drink alcohol or sparkling cider lol 
We went out to dinner at this fun Mexican place called the Sonoro grill.
This was a chimichanga but with sweet pork and coconut rice. I actually like what Pat ordered better!


Hot chocolate with breakfast :) and it snowed 1 foot overnight and was still snowing. They ended up canceling classes for USU and Logan canyon was closed, and Pat didn't have to go to class that day so it was awesome.
Here is a better view. I just love the big snow covered trees, I think they look so pretty!


Breakfast! 

We saw a waterfall in Ogden Canyon on the way out and some of it was frozen but some was still falling, it look gorgeous. I got an awesome picture of it close up but accidentally deleted it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment