The Buhr Family

The Buhr Family

Saturday, January 13, 2018

New Years Eve 2017

For Christmas Pat put an envelope on the tree and labeled it to me and inside were some reservations for a little getaway at a nice hotel. It was so super sweet and definitely one of my main love languages, (well it was gifts, and quality time) :) It was so nice. I was super excited. I love him so much. 
He arranged for his sweet sister to watch our kiddos overnight and we got to spend some time together. It was our first overnight away from Corbin, which is always hard, but it was good to spend some time together. 

We ate at this cute burger place that had really skinny fries. The food was delicious though. Our hotel was cute too and our room and it's own tiny little kitchen that I thought was adorable. It also had a heated pool and hot tub and some cute little outdoor fireplaces. 

We celebrated the New Years with chocolate milk and nachos. We used to have nachos as midnight snacks all the time after Brylianna was born, we would have at home date nights and play card, board, or dice games and eat a whole pan of nachos after she would go down for bed. It was our way of having cheap date nights for a long time. 

We also always make and write down New Years Resolutions. For each of us and as a family. I think goals are an important thing in life that sometimes get overlooked. I think everyone needs goals and dreams. I used to hate January and taking down all of the Christmas stuff and moving on but now I love this time of year to regroup, and try to be a better person and make goals to focus on what matters most to you. 

We aren't perfect. We disagree, we get frustrated, we have ups and downs, but we also try to be better. We love, we laugh, we cry and we are always still learning, forgiving, and doing it all over again even after being married for 7 years. I am lucky to have such a sweet husband and have him to go through this crazy adventure of life and raising small humans with. I wouldn't want anyone else. I am so grateful for Pat and all that he does for our little family and for me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment