The Buhr Family

The Buhr Family

Saturday, May 23, 2015

DIY Burlap Wreath

I was crafty for once! I decided we needed something that we could hang in our front window that I could leave up year round because I just barely took our Easter decoration down a couple of weeks ago ha ha. So I decided to make a burlap wreath!



It was way easier than I thought it would be however I have to tell you that in all those diy burlap wreath tutorials no one tells you that burlap sheds when you weave it through the wreath! There were tiny little burlap hairs all over my table and the pants I was wearing lol. They do clean up pretty easy though thank goodness.

 So I started weaving but then undid this and started over attaching the solid burlap to the outside ring and the chevron burlap to the inside one and then alternated rows with the different colors. The chevron burlap was also way too thick so I folded it in half because I didn't want to cut it, but it worked.

I had some leftover solid burlap so I weaved it just around the inside and outside of the wreath in places that looked like it needed it.
Then I painted the B in our wedding colors (blue and green). While that dried I took some sparkly green ribbon and just weaved it through  the middle ring. Then I put the letter where I wanted it and ta-da! I quite like it and it is in our wedding colors and I finished it on our Anniversary awww. Now I have a wreath that I can leave up year round and I love it!

This was kind of bad lighting but it was dark by the time I finished and hung it up and I just wanted a picture of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment